Espen

We just received the best gift in the whole world!  He arrived on Thursday – two weeks early!  We had a speedy stork, I guess.  This little peanut is Espen Noah Vikre, and an objective panel composed of his parents and grandparents has decided that he is quite obviously the most adorable baby in the world.  Don’t you agree?

We’re all healthy and happy, and also utterly exhausted.  It may be a little bit before I manage to get back into the kitchen and into this space sharing recipes while I figure out this whole being a mommy thing.  But I’ll be back, whether it’s a week or a few!  And until then, I know I will miss you, but I have a feeling my time will be well spent…

26 Responses to Our little peanut

1. Lynda says:

Congratulations! And a good Nordic name for that sweet baby.

2. teachermrw says:

Congratulations and God Bless your family. :)

3. Suzanne says:

So happy for you warm congratulations, I love the name and he is a very handsome boy!

4. Congratulations! He’s just beautiful, and I love his name – wishing you all the very best!

5. Elizabeth says:

Beautiful.
    Congratulations.

6. PEACH says:

This is the beginning of something very exciting for you! Congratulations, your little guy is beautiful. It is an adventure.

7. cookinginvictoria (Paula) says:

A beautiful name for a beautiful baby! Congratulations, Emily! Wishing you much happiness with this little guy.

8. Kat B. says:

Awww, the kitchen will still be there tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that. Enjoy your time with your newest addition!

9. Precious! Joyous hugs to your whole family.

10. Many congratulations Emily. My “peanut” Rachel is almost 18 and nearly 6 feet tall, so not quite a peanut anymore. The new mommy phase goes by so quickly. Enjoy every moment – even the not so good ones (ie toilet training!) – they really do grow up so fast. Don’t feel guilty about not doing much – or anything – with the blog. We’ll still be here 😉 Keep well, get some rest, and delegate any non-baby stuff you can!

11. Maureen says:

Congratulations. He’s beautiful. This is the best time of your lives – everything will work out so don’t stress.

12. What a wee cutey. Enjoy every moment, and don’t worry about us out here, we’ll still be around when you come back

13. Congratulations on your little peanut!! He’s adorable! And apparently the stork has been very busy last week as our little bean was born on Tuesday. :) Hope all is well with you and that the recovery and adjustment is going along all right for you all.

14. fabi moura says:

so sweet!!!!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!

15. gisela says:

Grattis!!!!!
    And congratulations to the little baby.
    All the luck in the world to him.
    Gisela

16. Grace says:

congrats and welcome Espen or Noah -rest up and enjoy! we’ve got lots of recipes to try…he’s absolutely sweet!

Best,
    Grace

17. Patty & Jappa Lovald says:

Gratulerer med beby Espens fødsel. Let Mormor Lisa know we are so HAPPY for her as well

Patty & Jappa
    (Sue Watts sister & brother in law)

18. Sonja says:

So tiny, so precious, so wonderful…… enjoy every moment!!
    Congratulations Emily and Joel!!

19. Kathryn says:

Congratulations! He’s a gorgeous chap and I hope motherhood is treating you well : )

20. milena says:

Congrats Em!

21. Heather says:

Spectacular news! So very happy for you and your sweet baby boy!

22. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! He’ll be all grown up before you know it. My son is 31 and it seems like just yesterday when he and his twin sister were born. Congratulations!

23. Devi says:

Congratulations to the new family of three! Have fun getting to know each other x

24. Sigrid Hard says:

Congratulations. Hugs and kisses from afar. We will miss you, but we rejoice in all the joy you are having, and l look forward to the stories you will have to share with us. ATB

25. Kate KV says:

So exciting!! I’m so happy for all of you!! ^__^
    I hope your next few months are filled with love, patience, curiosity, and many helping hands.
    We’ll be wishing you the very best!!!